A shout out to the Tint a Car Cycling team on a great achievement!
This month, the Tint a Car WA cycling team hit an outstanding milestone in their support of a wonderful cause - to raise money for ŒLife Cycle For CanTeen', a charity organisation to help teens cope with the effects of Cancer. With the help of the wonderful network of Tint a Car stores, customers, family and friends... our very own Tint a Car Cycling Team have just hit a milestone, raising over $85,000 in 4 years!
The guys have cycled over 1,440km over the 4 year period to raise awareness and funds to support the Lifecycle for CanTeen initiative.
A little more about Life Cycle For CanTEEN:Life Cycle For CanTeen is a support organisation for 12 - 24 year olds living with cancer. A cancer diagnosis is traumatic at the best of times, but perhaps even more so for a young person. At this stage of their lives they will already be experiencing issues relating to their identity, independence, relationships and career; and whilst not all cancer is a death sentence, it can mean the start of a long process of painful treatment and years of uncertainty.
Here¹s a few things the donations help with:
- CanTeen Counselling: Providing counselling to parents, siblings and those living with cancer.
- Individual Support: Staff that work one-on-one and support these young people with any questions.
- Youth Cancer Services: Operating out of major hospitals, Youth Cancer Services (YCS) helps young patients to navigate through the crazy and confusing system of the medical world.
- Books and Resources: Helpful, informative and easy to read resources which are specifically aimed at helping young people deal with all the aspects of living with cancer.
- Peer Support Programs: These programs allow young people to meet others in similar situations, give them the opportunity to try things they haven¹t done before, share experiences and just laugh and have fun!
On behalf of Lifecycle for CanTeen, well done to Ian Lee our WA State Manager and the rest of the team for such an amazing effort! We¹re very proud of you guys!
You can also show your support and send a personal message to our riders on our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TintACarAus